Who doesn’t LOVE an quick, easy and delicious meal! Some nights parents are just too tired to cook, just a little assembly required and this colorful quesadilla will provide a tasty, nutritious meal for the whole family.
Check out our instructional video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIqm-T1PNg
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
8 small flour tortillas
1 cup fresh red pepper, diced
½ cup red onion, diced
1 cup shredded low-fat cheese
2 cups fresh spinach leaves (or 9 oz. frozen, thawed and squeezed dry)
1. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and garlic powder. Spread about 2 Tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each tortilla.
2. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons bell pepper, 1 Tablespoon of onion and 2 tablespoons cheese on one half of each tortilla.
3. Add spinach: ¼ cup if using fresh leaves or 2 Tablespoons if using frozen. Fold tortillas in half.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Remove quesadillas from skillet, place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm while cooking the remainder.
6. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve warm.