Reaching Your Nutrition Goals. USDA’s MyPlate guide has some great tips that make for a doable way to reach your nutrition and health goals in 2019!
If your goal is to get healthier in the New Year, try these tips to help guide you toward success.
- Start with small changes. Instead of a diet overhaul, make small changes to what you eat and drink that will work for you now and in the future.
- Take one day at a time. Sometimes things don’t go as planned, even with the best of intentions. If you miss one day or one milestone for your goal, don’t give up!
- Be active your way. Pick activities you enjoy. If you focus on having fun or learning a new skill that interests you, you will be more likely to stick with it.
- Team up. Find a friend with similar goals—swap healthy recipes and be active together. Staying on track is easier with support and a cheerleader.
- Celebrate successes. Think of each change as a “win” as you build positive habits and find ways to reach your goals. Reward yourself—you’ve earned it!
Source: Choose MyPlate