Do you ever struggle with what to make for breakfast? Here is your solution! These delicious hand held omelets are just the thing you need. Make these egg muffins the night before, store them in the fridge and in the morning all you have to do is pop them in the microwave and you are ready to go!
We love how these omelets are so versatile. Any of your favorite omelet ingredients will work, just add or omit any of the vegetables or meats listed below.
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 ½ cups chopped sautéed fresh vegetables
- – Mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 9 large eggs
- 1\4 cup low-fat milk
- 1\4 teaspoon salt
- 1\4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, sautéed vegetables and cheese. Divide the mixture evenly among muffin tins.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the ham and vegetable mixture, filling each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm.
**Store left over omelets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in microwave for 20-40 seconds.
**Omelets can be served on a toasted English muffin, bagel or other bread for a breakfast sandwich.
**Great use for leftover ham!
**Make it a meal: Pair with Low-fat yogurt, whole grain toast and orange juice.
Makes 12 servings
Servings size: 1 omelet
Cost per recipe: $8.04
Cost per serving: $0.67
110 calories; 6g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 150mg cholesterol; 170 mg sodium; 2g carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 1g sugar; 10g protein; 8% daily value of vitamin A; 10%daily value of vitamin C; 8% daily value of calcium; 6% daily value of iron.