Here at NEP we LOVE how popular pineapples have become in the last year. Grab these little bites of heaven on the way out the door, or toss them in your gym bag for later. These are the perfect bite size energy boosters to get you through a long work day, or your daily work out.
- ½ stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounces) can pineapple tidbits in 100% juice, drained
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups rolled or quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, optional*
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream butter in mixing bowl. Add applesauce and drained carrots and beat for 2 minutes, or until mixture is very smooth.
3. Add brown sugar and mix well. Add egg and drained pineapple tidbits. Mix well.
4. Add cinnamon, oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until blended.
5. Gently stir in raisins and nuts, if using.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 36 servings
Serving size: 1
Nutrition facts per serving: 80 calories; 2.5g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 75mg sodium; 13g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 6g sugar; 2g protein; 25% Daily Value of vitamin A; 2% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron *Pecans not used for nutrition analysis