Yum! You just can’t beat this Seasonal Fruit Crisp for a crowd pleasing holiday dessert. This festive dessert makes a great addition to your dinner table, and is sure to be the perfect ending to your holiday dinner.
Gather your ingredients and make this a fun family activity! Cranberries are optional in this recipe, but we love adding them for a little extra flavor. Cranberries are a great source of vitamin C and are high in fiber.
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 1\2 teaspoons water
- 1\2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1\2 quick cooking oats
- 1\4 cup all purpose flour
- 1\2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1\2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1\4 cup cold butter
- 1\4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Place apples in a greased 1-quart baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over apples, combine the oats, flour, crown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Garnish with dried cranberries if desired.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size 1/8 of crisp
Source: Caroline Durr, Area Nutrition Agent, Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky, Cooperative extension Service.
Nutrition facts per serving: 150 calories; 6g total fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 55mg sodium; 23g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 1g protein; 4% daily value of vitamin A; 0% daily value of vitamin C; 2% daily value of Calcium; 2 daily value of iron.