How to Cook Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Note: Check the directions on your rice package. Cooking time and amount of water may vary.
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse 1 cup of rice in a colander under water until the water runs clear.
- Add 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, and a pinch of salt to saucepan.
- Turn stovetop to high heat.
- Once water is boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover with lid. Let rice cook for 45 minutes or until water is absorbed.
(Try your best not to remove the lid during this time!)
- Turn off burner and remove from heat. Let sit until ready for use, and then fluff with a fork before serving or using in another recipe.
170 calories; 1.5g fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 75mg sodium; 35g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 0g sugar; 0g added sugar; 3g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 0% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.