Sunday morning breakfast is managed with these pancakes.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar and cinnamon. Add ¼ cup nuts, optional.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the dry ingredients become wet. Be careful not to over stir.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop batter mixture onto the prepared griddle by heaping tablespoon. Cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble. Continue cooking until the other side is golden brown. Repeat process, making 12 pancakes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 260 calories; 8g total fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 95mg cholesterol; 320mg sodium; 39g total carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 10g sugar; 4g added sugar; 9g protein; 170% Daily Value of vitamin A; 10% Daily Value of vitamin C; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron. 4% Daily Value of potassium.
*Nutrition facts do not include nuts