Apple ColeslawReceta en Español
Apples add a touch of sweetness to this coleslaw recipe. It’s great any time of year.
- 2 apples (red and green), cored and chopped
- ½ head of green cabbage, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- Mix yogurt and honey in a large bowl.
- Add other ingredients and mix together lightly.
OPTION: Add raisins or grapes, if you choose.
Savoy cabbage is great in salads and should be harvested or purchased just before you plan to use it. Apples that are slightly under-ripe should be stored in a cool place to ripen. Once ripe, apples will keep best stored in the refrigerator for a week or longer in the fruit drawer or in a plastic bag.
Nutrition facts per serving: 45 calories; 0 g total fat; 0 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 25 mg sodium; 10 g total carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 7 g sugars; 1 g protein; 30% Daily Value of vitamin A; 40% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4 % Daily Value of calcium; 2% Daily Value of iron