Apple Crumb Dessert
Servings:4Serving Size:1/4 of recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium apples for baking
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup 100% apple juice
- Move the oven rack to the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut them into thin slices.
- Spread the apple slices evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the oatmeal mix evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
- Lightly pour the apple juice over the oatmeal mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for 20-30 minutes until apples start to soften.
- Uncover and bake for another 15-20 minutes until apples are soft.
Source: LEAP...for Health: USDA Mixing Bowl. What's Cooking? Fat-Free Apple Crumb Dessert http://www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/fat-free-apple-crumb-dessert.
A baking apple holds its shape and does not breakdown into puree when heated in an oven. Braeburn, Cortland, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Jonathan, Pink Lady, Rome and Winesap are good apple varieties for baking.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 130 calories; O.Sg fat; Og saturated fat; Og trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 0mg sodium; 33g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 23g sugar; 9g added sugars; 1g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 4% Daily Value of potassium.