Asparagus Tomato Stir-Fry
Servings:Makes 4 servingsServing Size:3/4 cup
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 green onions
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, pepper and cornstarch in a small bowl to make sauce.
- Chop green onions and tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- Pour oil into a wok or large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and green onions; stir-fry 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 additional minute or until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Push vegetables to the outer sides of the wok. Add sauce in center, cook until thick and bubbly. Add tomatoes.
- Stir well and heat through.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
Nutrition facts per serving: 70 calories; 4g fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 210mg sodium; 7g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 3g sugar; 3g protein.