Autumn Sweet Potato ChiliReceta en Español
Servings:8Serving Size:1 cupRecipe Cost:$5.19Cost per Serving:$0.65
This recipe is perfect for autumn. Shuffle through some leaves and come inside for a hot bowl of deliciousness.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (do not drain)
- Water to achieve desired consistency
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Dried or fresh chopped cilantro
- Combine sweet potatoes, chili powder and salsa in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook until heated through, stirring as needed.
- Add beans with liquid and cook another 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- Thin with water if needed. Heat through. 5. Serve with sour cream, cheese and cilantro on the side.
Option: To reduce sodium, use vegetables canned without added salt.
Source: Jeffrey Hines, former Graphic Artist for Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Nutritional facts per serving: 160 calories; 0g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 790mg sodium; 32g carbohydrate; 9g fiber; 12g sugar; 7g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.