Awesome Watermelon Salad
Servings:Makes 8 servingsServing Size:1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh diced cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cup 2-inch, cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup crumbled, low-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- Course ground black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon mustard.
- Stir in garlic, cilantro and black pepper.
- Slowly pour olive oil into the mixture while whisking vigorously.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine the watermelon, low-fat feta cheese and red onion in a large bowl; toss lightly to mix and season with coarse ground black pepper.
- Pour half of dressing over salad mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for least 30 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over salad and garnish with cilantro just before serving.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
110 calories; 9g fat; 2g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 190mg sodium; 6g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 4g sugar; 3g protein.