Baked Broccoli FrittataReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, divided.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place broccoli florets, diced tomato, bell pepper and green onions in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon olive oil evenly over vegetables.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven until crisp-tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, Dijon mustard, water, milk, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning. Whisk mixture until frothy.
- Stir in a 3/4 cup of shredded low fat mozzarella cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the roasted vegetables. Stir gently with a fork to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until set and cheese is browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
130 calories; 8g fat; 3g saturated fat; 170mg cholesterol; 400mg sodium; 5g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 2g sugar; 9g protein.