Baked Egg CupsReceta en Español
Servings:6Serving Size:1 egg cupRecipe Cost:$3.00Cost per Serving:$.50
Who says you can only eat these at breakfast? They’re so good, you may find yourself craving them for dinner.
- Cooking spray
- 6 slices of thin cut deli style turkey or ham
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup finely shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced red and green bell pepper (or vegetables of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 6 muffin tin cups with cooking spray.
- Arrange meat slices so they linethe muffin cup.
- Break an egg into each cup, gently breaking the yolk with a sharp knife.
- Season lightly with pepper, if desired, and sprinkle in diced peppers (or vegetables of choice).
- Place muffin tin in oven and cook for 15 minutes. If eggs are not firm, return to oven and check them every minute until they are firm.
- Remove from oven and quickly sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve right away.
Make it a Meal
- Baked Egg Cup
- Fresh fruit
- Low-fat milk
Source: Adapted from Vanessa Lair, Madison County Extension Volunteer
Cut calories by drinking water or unsweetened drinks. Soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks are a major source of added sugar and calories in American diets.
Nutrition facts per serving: 110 calories; 5 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 225 mg cholesterol; 360 mg sodium; 3 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 13 g protein; 10% Daily Value of vitamin A; 20% Daily Value of Vitamin C; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron