BBQ Chicken SaladReceta en Español
Servings:6Serving Size:2 cups Recipe Cost:$6.35Cost per Serving:$1.06
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups cups diced apples
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, tear lettuce into pieces and place in bottom; layer lettuce, chicken, apples, red onion and cheddar cheese.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together ranch dressing and barbecue sauce. If dressing is too thick, thin with a little water.
- Drizzle salad dressing over salad mixture and toss. Or, serve dressing on the side.
- Serve immediately.
Make it a Meal
Pair with a cornbread stick and milk.
Source: Healthy Choices for Everybody Curriculum : Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Nutrition Education Program Curriculum Coordinator University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service