Bean EnchiladasReceta en Español
Make this dinner ahead of time, then just pull out of the refrigerator and bake when you’re ready to go.
- 3 ½ cups cooked pinto beans or 2 (15 ounce) low sodium cans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup cheese, reduced fat Monterey Jack
- Salsa (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash coarsely with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir in chili powder.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until tortillas are soft and warm.
- Split bean mixture among tortillas and spread down center of tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on bean mixture.
- Roll tortillas to enclose mixture.
- Spray a 9-inch x13-inch baking dishwith non-stick cooking spray.
- Place enchiladas, seam side down, into baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°Ffor 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with salsa.
Option: Add diced vegetables of your choice to the enchiladas.
- Keep raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs from other foods in your grocery cart, grocery bags, and in your refrigerator.
- Use one cutting board for fresh produce and a separate one for raw meat, poultry and seafood.
Nutrition facts per serving: 460 calories; 9 g total fat; 3 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat;10 mg cholesterol; 540 mg sodium; 74 g total carbohydrate; 16 g dietary fiber; 2 g sugars; 23 g protein; 15% Daily Value of vitamin A; 4% Daily Value of vitamin C; 35% Daily Value of calcium; 30% Daily Value of iron