- 1 cup warm water (80° F)
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- ¾ cup hot water (110° F)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a small mixing bowl, combine warm water and yeast and stir until dissolved. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine hot water, sugar, salt and butter.
- Stir in half of the flour, the egg and the yeast mixture, beating until smooth.
- Stir in just enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 1 minute.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, turning to grease the top. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Label and store in the refrigerator until ready to use or up to three days.
- To use, punch dough down and shape as desired. Let dough shapes rise one hour.
- Bake at 375° F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
140 calories; 2g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 200mg sodium; 26g carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 4g total sugars; 4g added sugar; 3g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 0% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 0% Daily Value of potassium.