Breakfast BurritoReceta en Español
Servings:4Serving Size:1 burritoRecipe Cost:$1.04 Cost per Serving:$0.26
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium lean ham, diced
- Cooking spray
- 4 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until blended; add green peppers, onions, and ham.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and add egg mixture.
- As eggs begin to set, gently scrape the eggs across the pan with a spatula; repeat turning and folding eggs until no liquid remains. Do not stir eggs continuously.
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Divide egg mixture by four equal parts and place in each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half or roll up.
- Serve each burrito topped with 1 tablespoon of salsa.
Make it a Meal
Pair this burrito with oranges and cup of milk to complete your plate.
Source: Healthy Choices for Everybody Curriculum : Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Nutrition Education Program Curriculum Coordinator University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
240 calories; 9g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 195mg cholesterol; 650mg sodium; 25g total carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 2g total sugars; 14g protein.