Broccoli and Beef Stir-Fry
Servings:Makes 8 servingsServing Size:1 cup
- 1 pound lean beef steak, sliced diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ½ inch dice
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into ½ inch dice
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce and minced garlic in a bowl. Add the beef strips. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add beef and stir fry for one minute. Remove beef from skillet.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons canola oil in the skillet or wok. Add vegetables. Stir-fry for four minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Add the remaining ½ cup stir-fry sauce and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer, until heated through.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
180 calories; 10g fat; 1.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 25 g cholesterol; 630 mg sodium; 9g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 3g sugar; 15g protein.