Servings:Makes 8 servingsServing Size:1 cup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups diced, unpeeled red potatoes
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup low-fat, shredded cheese
- In a large heavy pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, red potatoes and broccoli one at a time; saute each about 2 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and flour and toss until vegetables are coated.
- Cook 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the half-and-half. Bring back to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese to serve.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
180 calories; 8g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 15mg cholesterol; 340mg sodium; 18g total carbohydrate; 3g dietary fiber; 4g sugar; 8g protein.