Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad
Servings:Makes 16 servingsServing Size:1/2 cup
- ¾ cup diced pecans
- 8 ounces whole grain pasta (bow tie or other type)
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare 8 ounces of pasta according to package directions.
- Cook bacon according to package directions. Cool and crumble into small pieces.
- Cut the broccoli florets from stems and separate florets into small pieces using the tip of a paring knife.
- Slice 2 cups of grapes into halves.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, honey, diced red onion and vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Add broccoli, cooked pasta and grapes; stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Stir in bacon crumbles and diced pecans just before serving.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
160 calories; 7g fat; 1g saturated fat; 5mg cholesterol; 125mg sodium; 24g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 9g sugars; 4g protein.