Broccoli Potato SoupReceta en Español
Perfect for cold winter days (and nights). Serve with corn bread or crusty bread.
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, may use frozen
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 1 ½ cups instant mashed potatoes, prepared with water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cheese, shredded cheddar or American
- Mix broccoli, onion, and broth in large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add milk to soup. Slowly stir in potatoes.
- Cook and stir until bubbly and thickened.
Make it a Meal
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Low-fat milk
- Can make ahead and freeze into single servings.
- Broccoli makes this dish a great source of vitamins A and C.
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or 1% milk and dairy products. Make them the basis for meals and snacks.
Nutrition facts per serving: 200 calories; 6 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 10 mg cholesterol; 350 mg sodium; 25 g total carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 15 g protein; 15% Daily Value of vitamin A; 110% Daily Value of vitamin C; 30% Daily Value of calcium; 8% Daily Value of iron