Cabbage Noodle Casserole
Servings:Makes 6 servingsServing Size:1 cup
- 5 strips turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cabbage, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups whole grain egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add oil, sugar, salt and pepper to the skillet with the bacon drippings. Add chopped cabbage and stir until coated. Cover and cook 7-10 minutes.
- Crumble bacon and add to cabbage. Stir in noodles.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole dish; cover and bake at 325º F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread sour cream over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 5 minutes.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
260 calories; 12g fat; 4.5g sat. fat; 40mg cholesterol; 720mg sodium; 30g carbohydrate; 5g fiber; 10g protein.