Carrot and Zucchini BarsReceta en Español
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled or old-fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Scrub carrot and zucchini with a clean vegetable brush under cool running water before preparing.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil, applesauce, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, carrot, zucchini, and raisins, if using. Stir with a spoon until mixed well.
- Stir in the flour and oats until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in ungreased 9-by-13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, and cut into 3 rows by 6 columns to make 18 bars.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator within 2 hours.
130 calories; 5g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 20mg cholesterol; 75mg sodium; 21g total carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 13g total sugars; 9g added sugars; 2g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium.