Carrot Cake Smoothie
Servings:2Serving Size:1.5 cups
- 1 medium frozen ripe banana
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned-in-juice pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and warm water, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse carrots under cool running water and scrub with a clean vegetable brush to remove any dirt before chopping.
- Add banana, carrot, pineapple, yogurt, milk, ice, and cinnamon and vanilla (if using) to a blender, and blend until smooth. If needed, add more milk to encourage blending.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Source: Plate It Up Kentucky Proud Project
160 calories, 1g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 36g total carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 26g total sugars, 2g added sugars, 5g protein; 6% DV vitamin D; 10% DV calcium; 6% DV iron, 15% DV potassium