Chicken and Brussels Sprouts One Pan MealReceta en Español
Servings:6 Serving Size:1 cup
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12-14 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy, oven-safe skillet or pan over medium heat. Add chicken and saute 3-4 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables and stir gently to combine. Cook 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. If skillet or pan is not oven-safe, transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine half-and-half, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
220 calories; 9g fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 70mg cholesterol; 340mg sodium; 11g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 4g sugars; 23g protein.