Chicken and Ranch MushroomsReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 4 servingsServing Size:¼ of recipeRecipe Cost:$6.78Cost per Serving:$1.70
- Nonstick spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked barley or brown rice
- Spray large skillet with nonstick spray; heat to medium. Add chicken, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn chicken and move to one side of pan. Add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning over chicken and mushrooms. Add butter. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Add spinach to pan and sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover and steam until spinach wilts (3-5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Arrange barley or brown rice on plates. Top with spinach, chicken and mushrooms.
Source: Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Extension Specialist, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
320 calories; 6g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 90mg cholesterol; 270mg sodium; 26g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 1g sugar; 0g added sugar; 30g protein; 80% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 15% Daily Value of potassium.