Chinese Fried Rice
Servings:6Serving Size:2/3 cup
- 2 cups brown rice
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white, beaten
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, zucchini and peas.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and put the vegetable mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs to the skillet, cook eggs until scrambled.
- Add eggs to mixed vegetables.
- Put the cooked rice in the skillet, and stir while reheating.
- Add the soy sauce to the rice, and add vegetables and egg mixture to the skillet with rice.
- Stir until heated through.
Source: LEAP...for Health: Recipes for Life. University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service, Nutrition Education Program.
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING: 210 calories; 11g fat; 1.Sg saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 25mg cholesterol; 430mg sodium; 23g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 2g sugar; 0g added sugars; Sg protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium.