Crispy Oven Zucchini Fries
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- ½ cup plain or panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Dash of salt
- 4 medium zucchini
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a pie pan, whisk together flour, salt and pepper. In a second pie pan, beat egg and egg white together. In a third pie pan, whisk together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, paprika and a dash of salt.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into ½-inch thick pieces. Cut into 4-inch lengths and then into “fries” or strips.
- Dip zucchini strips into the flour, then the egg and then through the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet treated with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices and continue baking for another 10 minutes until golden-brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
For more family-friendly recipes check out our book! In stores now! Also reach out to your local Kentucky County Extension Service to discover related FREE classes.
80 calories; 2g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 30mg cholesterol; 190mg sodium; 11g total carbohydrate; 0g dietary fiber; 0g total sugar; 0g added sugars; 4g protein; 0% Daily Value vitamin D; 4% Daily Value calcium; 6% Daily Value iron; 0% Daily Value calcium