Crunchy Fruit and Chicken Salad
The pineapple and apples play well with the chicken in this surprisingly simple salad.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped nuts, optional
- Mix all ingredients and chill for at least one hour. Serve cold.
- Garnish with raisins if desired.
Make it a Meal
- Crunchy Fruit and Chicken Salad
- Fresh Greens
- Carrot sticks
- Whole grain crackers
- Low-fat milk
Adults need at least 30 minutes a day of moderate physical activity to stay healthy. Children need at least one hour.
Nutrition facts per serving: 130 calories; 2g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 40mg cholesterol; 45mg sodium; 14g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 15g protein; 2% Daily Value of vitamin A; 10% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron