If you like greens, you will love this recipe. The onions, garlic, and red pepper all work together to pack a punch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound collard greens, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat and sauté onionand garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, paprika and collard greens and cook another minute.
- Add vegetable stock and apple cider vinegar. Cook covered until greensare tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.Serve immediately.
Make this recipe with any type of greens (kale, mustard, Swiss chard, turnip)or a combination.
Nutrition facts per serving: 120 calories; 7g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 90mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; 6g fiber; 2g sugar; 4g protein; 130% Daily Value of vitamin A; 70% Daily Value of vitamin C; 30% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron