Easy Italian Ziti
Warning: Once your friends and family taste this, they’ll be asking you to make it all the time!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (24 ounce) jar low-sodium spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces whole-wheat ziti or penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, sauté beef until it browns. Drain off the excess fat. Add spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley and garlic powder. Add cooked ziti and mix well.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the dish. Spoon ziti mixture into the pan and top with remaining sauce and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition facts per serving: 310 calories; 9g fat; 3.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 75mg cholesterol; 350mg sodium; 32g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 9g sugar; 26g protein; 15% Daily Value of vitamin A; 4% Daily Value of vitamin C; 20% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron