Salsa adds zip to this super easy meatloaf recipe.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, eggs, crackers, onion and 1 cup of salsa.
- Press into greased 2-quart casserole dish or 10-inch iron skillet.
- Top with remaining salsa.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Make it a Meal
- Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Steamed broccoli
- Baked sweet potato
- Whole grain roll
- Low-fat milk
Drink water or unsweetened beverages instead of sugary drinks. Soda, energy drinks and sports drinks are a major source of added sugar and calories in American diets.
Nutrition facts per serving: 170 calories; 6g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0.5g trans fat; 100mg cholesterol; 550g sodium; 5g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 3g sugar; 24g protein; 10% Daily Value of vitamin A; 2% Daily Value of vitamin C; 0% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron.