Easy Stir Fry
For quick, easy, and healthy meals, you can’t beat stir fry. Once you get the basic recipe down, it’s easy to adapt. It’s a great way to use up veggies in the fridge.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ pound chicken tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-3 cups raw vegetables thinly sliced, (such as broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, etc.)
- Rice, prepared according to the package directions
- Mix first four ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in fry pan on high heat. Add vegetables. Mix and stir occasionally until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add chicken. Cook for 3-5 minutes longer, or until chicken is done.
- Serve over rice.
Make it a Meal
- Easy Stir Fry
- Baked pears
- Brown rice
- Low-fat milk
Fresh foods are generally lower in sodium. Most of the sodium Americans eat is found in processed foods.
Nutrition facts per serving: 80 calories; 3.5g total fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 20mg cholesterol; 220mg sodium; 3g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 9g protein; 15% Daily Value of vitamin A; 70% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of calcium; 4% Daily Value of iron