Servings:3Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the hard-boiled eggs using a fork.
- Add yogurt, celery, carrot, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate until cool and serve. (Try serving on whole wheat bread or tomato slices. You can spread some on bell pepper slices for and extra dose of veggies!)
Source: University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service: Nutrition Education Program: Eat Smart to Play Hard.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (egg salad only): 100 calories; 6g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 185mg cholesterol; 330mg sodium; 4g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 2g sugar; 8g protein