Eggplant Pasta BakeReceta en Español
- Nonstick spray
- 1 (12 ounce) box whole-grain bowtie or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into small cubes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced petite tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in large stock pot. Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in eggplant, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vegetable mixture, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese to pasta pot. Stir to combine.
- Pour into baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes.
310 calories; 7g total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 10mg cholesterol; 410mg sodium; 44g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 8g sugar; 0g added sugar; 17g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 15% Daily Value calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.