Fantastic French ToastReceta en Español
Servings:4Serving Size:1 sliceRecipe Cost:$0.56Cost per Serving:$0.14
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Syrup or other toppings (optional)
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat or heat an electric frying pan to 375 degrees.
- Put eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
- Grease the griddle or pan with nonstick spray.
- Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or in the frying pan.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices, or jam (optional).
Make it a Meal
Pair your french toast with yogurt, orange juice and water.
Source: Adapted from United States Department of Agriculture, What's Cooking USDA Mixing Bowl, March 2015. www.usda.gov/whatscooking
130 calories; 3.5g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 95mg cholesterol; 190mg sodium; 15g total carbohydrate; 0g fiber; 4g sugar; 0g added sugar; 9g protein; 6% Daily Value vitamin d; 10% Daily Value calcium; 6% Daily Value iron; 4% Daily Value potassium.