Festive Tree Cucumber Sandwiches
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 small cucumber
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, dill weed, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Slice cucumber crosswise thinly into rounds and then each round in half.
- Cut bread into basic tree shape using a serrated knife—or use a sandwich cutter.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of spread on each slice of bread; top spread with arranged cucumber slices.
- Place a cherry tomato on the top of the sandwich. Garnish each sandwich with shredded carrots, diced red peppers or shredded cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately
Optional Garnishes: shredded carrots, diced red pepper and shredded cheddar cheese
120 calories; 1g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 0mg cholesterol; 125mg sodium; 21g total carbohydrate; 0g dietary fiber; 5g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 8g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium