Fresh Corn SaladReceta en Español
Servings:10Serving Size:1/2 cup
- 5 ears of fresh corn
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup freshly chopped basil
- Shuck and remove silks from corn. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the corn for 4 minutes. Drain. Cool by immersing in ice water. When corn has cooled, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onion. Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over corn and gently toss.
- Chill to allow flavors to blend. Just before serving, add fresh basil.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
70 calories; 5g fat; 101mg sodium; 10g carbohydrate; 2g protein; 1g fiber.