Fruit & Yogurt Frozen TreatReceta en Español
Servings:4Serving Size:1 frozen treat
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- ¾ cup fat free yogurt
- Rinse 1 cup of blueberries in cold tap water, drain and place in a self-sealing sandwich bag.
- Rinse 1 cup of strawberries in cold tap water and drain. Cut the cap off each strawberry, chop into medium-size pieces and place in a separate sandwich bag.
- Squeeze out excess air as you tightly seal each sandwich bag.
- Gently mash each bag until the berries are broken down.
- Evenly divide the mashed blueberries among four single serve freezer pop molds or paper cups and freeze for 30 minutes (or until firm).
- Evenly divide yogurt on top of frozen blueberries and insert a wooden craft stick. Freeze for 30 minutes (or until firm).
- Evenly divide the strawberries on top of the frozen yogurt and freeze again for 30 minutes (or until firm).
Source: Eat Smart to Play Hard: University of Kentucky of Cooperative Extension Service
80 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 2g fiber,
13g sugar, 3g protein; Daily Values: 2% vitamin A; 50% vitamin C; 10% calcium; 2% iron.
*Thawed frozen berries or other fruit can be used in this recipe.