Fruity Cheese Roll Up SnackReceta en Español
Servings:1Serving Size:1 rollupRecipe Cost:$0.62Cost per Serving:$0.62
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat tortilla
- 1/4 cup fresh or canned fruit, such as bananas, peaches, berries or grapes, diced
- 1 tablespoon nuts, chopped
- Spread cottage cheese on the tortilla.
- Top with fresh or canned fruit and nuts.
- Starting from one side, roll up the tortilla.
- Slice in half and serve.
Source: Adapted from Professor Popcorn curriculum: Texas A & M Agrilife Extension from original work: Frischie, S. (1993). Switzer, B. (2002). Vandergraff, D., & Coleman, G. (2006). Exploring My Pyramid with Professor Popcorn, Purdue University Extension/Consumer and Family Sciences/4-H Youth Development. Adapted with permission for use in Kentucky, from adapted materials: Scott, A. (2012). Exploring MyPlate with Professor Popcorn, Texas A & M Agrilife Extension.
This snack recipe is a great way to involve kids! Kids can spread cottage cheese on the tortilla, sprinkle on the fruit and nuts, then roll-up the snack!