Game Day Sloppy JoesReceta en Español
Up your game day menu with this Sloppy Joe recipe. Just remember to bring extra napkins.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot sauce
- 12 hamburger buns
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook ground chuck, onion and celery over medium/high heat until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oats, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, on a low temperature for 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the sloppy Joe mixture onto each bun.
Nutrition facts per serving: 220 calories; 89 total fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 25mg cholesterol; 550mg sodium; 26g carbohydrate; 1g fiber; 5g sugar; 12g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 15% Daily Value of iron; 6% Daily Value of potassium