If you have leftovers, they make a great lunch the next day. Serve with a crusty bread.
- 1¾ cups broccoli florets
- ¾ cup cauliflower florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into pieces about 2¼ inches long.
- Arrange the broccoli around the edge of a 12-inch microwave-safe serving plate with the stems pointing toward the center.
- Place the cauliflower between the broccoli.
- Place the zucchini and yellow squash in the center of the plate.
- Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Drain if needed. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the vegetables.
- Place the butter and garlic salt in a 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave on high until melted.
- Drizzle over the vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes and mushrooms are heated through.
You may add ¼ teaspoon dried thyme. Other vegetables may be substituted.
Make it a Meal
- Bacon, lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread
- Garden Platter
- Sliced watermelon
- Low-fat milk
To stay healthy, do at least 2½ hours of moderate exercise each week. Take a brisk walk, bike, swim and skate. Spread workouts over the week, but do them at least 10 minutes at a time.
Nutrition facts per serving: 88 calories; 7 g total fat; 17 mg cholesterol; 127 mg sodium; 5 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 3 g protein; 20% Daily Value of vitamin A; 6% Daily Value of calcium; 40% Daily Value of vitamin C; 2% Daily Value of iron