This slow cooker recipe means dinner is cooked and ready to go when you get home. What could be easier?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (14 .5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 medium sweet potatoes*, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- In a large heavy skillet , heat oil over medium-high heat. Season meat on all sides with salt-free seasoning blend and Worcestershire sauce. Brown pork for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove roast from skillet. Slit the roast about 1-inch-deep and 2 inches apart in three places on the top and insert a garlic clove in each slit.
- Add ½ cup of chicken broth to skillet. Bring to a boil and loosen brown bits with a spoon . Add to slow cooker with remaining chicken broth.
- Layer potatoes , onion and remaining three cloves of garlic in slow cooker. Place browned roast on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours. Shred or slice pork and serve with vegetables.
- Optional sauce: Remove roast and vegetables from the slow cooker, leaving the broth. Turn the slow cooker on high. In a small bow l, mix 4 tablespoons cornstarch with ¼ cup water. Add this mixture to slow cooker. Remove lid and cook on high for 10 minutes, stirring a few times.
*You can substitute white potatoes in place of sweet potatoes.
Nutrition facts per serving: 350 calories; 15g total fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 90mg cholesterol; 480mg sodium; 20g carbohydrate; 3g fiber; 69 sugar; 33g protein; 80% Daily Value of vitamin A; 25% Daily Value of vitamin C; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron