Great Outdoors Quesadillas
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced vegetables
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Tear off four squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil and spray the shiny sides with cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla on each square. Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese and ¼ cup vegetables on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half.
- Fold foil to make packets. Cook on a hot campfire, grill or tin can stove until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Or, to bake the quesadillas in the oven, preheat the oven to 375° F. Put the foil packets on a baking sheet and bake until warmed through and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Slice quesadillas into wedges and serve with salsa.
For vegetables, good choices include black beans, whole kernel corn, black olives, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms; sauté vegetables ahead of time, if desired.
240 calories; 9g total fat; 4.5g saturated; 0g trans fat; 20mg cholesterol; 530mg sodium; 28mg total carbohydrate; 2g dietary fiber; 1g total sugars; 0g added sugars; 13g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 15% Daily Value of calcium; 0% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium