Hearty Comfort SoupReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 10 servingsServing Size:1 cupRecipe Cost:$10.19Cost per Serving:$1.02
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 3 large handfuls kale, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté ground pork in a large stock pot over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, breaking pork into small crumbles. Add garlic powder and onions. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes, until pork has browned, stirring often.
- Add vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cover and let cook until boiling. Stir occasionally.
- Add cannellini beans, carrots and kale. Cook just until kale has softened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Source: Jean Najor, NEP Program Coordinator, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
160 calories; 3.5g total fat; 1g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 35mg cholesterol; 500mg sodium; 16g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 5g sugar; 0g added sugar; 18g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 10% Daily Value of iron; 10% Daily Value of potassium.