Honey Raisin Muffins
Servings:Yield 12 muffins
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bran flake cereal with raisins
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, milk and honey; let stand for 2 minutes to soften. Stir in egg whites, applesauce and oil; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Fill a greased or paperlined muffin pan 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400ºF for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
150 calories; 3g fat; 0mg cholesterol; 170mg sodium; 30g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 15g sugar; 4g protein.