Incredible Hulk Muffins
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 large ripe banana
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin pans with 18 paper liners.
- Combine flour and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, add milk, honey, banana, spinach, melted butter, egg and vanilla and blend until completely pureed.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredients and fold together gently until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into the muffin cups and bake 18 to 22 minutes or until the center of the muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool before serving.
160 calories; 6g total fat; 2g saturated fat; 0g trans fat; 15mg cholesterol; 140mg sodium; 24g carbohydrate; 2g dietary fiber; 13g total sugars; 12g added sugars; 3g protein; 0% Daily Value of vitamin D; 4% Daily Value of calcium; 6% Daily Value of iron; 2% Daily Value of potassium