Italian Chicken Summer Squash SkilletReceta en Español
Servings:Makes 8 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 3 medium summer squash, sliced crosswise
- 1 cup whole grain rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice squash into ¼ inch pieces.
- Combine all vegetables, with garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat to medium.
- Add chicken; cook 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable mixture to the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce and dried Italian seasoning.
- Stir well. Increase heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until summer squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir cooked pasta into chicken/vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Season as needed.
Source: Plate it up! Kentucky Proud Project.
200 calories, 4.5g fat, 2g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 8g sugars, 20g protein.