Italian Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad is light, refreshing, and perfect on a hot summer day. It goes well with Southern Fish in Foil.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
Add more color and nutrition by adding red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, banana peppers, or hot peppers to this dish.
Make it a Meal
- Grilled hamburgers on whole wheat buns
- Baked French fries
- Italian Cucumber Salad
- Low-fat milk
Cut up a batch of bell peppers, carrots or broccoli. Pre-package them to use when you are short on time. You can enjoy them on a salad, as a snack, with dip or in a veggie wrap.
Nutrition facts per serving: 106 calories; 8 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 341 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 2 g protein